Meet the Houston Association of Hispanic Professionals
Special thanks to Jesse Soto of Jexse Studios who provided photography for our inaugural HAHMP Honors Night. The event honored Hispanic community leaders who have impacted the local community. This year HAHMP recognized Art Rascon, Yvonne Guidry, Mayra Guillen, Mariana Escamilla
Houston Association of Hispanic Media Professionals (HAHMP) is a nonprofit organization raising scholarship funds, creating advocates, supporting fair and accurate media coverage of the Hispanic community.
Each year for the past 36 years HAHMP has invited college undergraduates and first-year graduate students who are pursuing careers in print, photo, broadcast, online journalism, or in public relations, to apply for HAHMP scholarships.
Open to college students, individuals, and businesses in print, photo, broadcast, online journalism, or in public relations. Members can enjoy all organization benefits.
Open to individuals that support the goals of the Association. This includes journalism educators, professionals in advertising and public relations and media freelancers.
Engaging the Houston community since 1986.
What We Do
The Purpose of HAHMP is to:
- Raise scholarship money to help deserving students pursue a college degree, simultaneously supporting and encouraging young, aspiring media professionals, as well as seasoned professional members.
- Be, and develop, advocates for Hispanics in members’ careers.
- Encourage and support professional development of members.
- To help provide fair and accurate media coverage of the Hispanic Community.
1. To educate, inspire, and motivate aspiring Hispanic students and media professionals across Houston.
2. Donate thousands of dollars in Academic Scholarships and help create strong media professionals by developing hands-on experience within the media and broadcast industry.