The Houston Association of Hispanic Media Professionals (HAHMP) is proud to inform you that we are now accepting applications for the 2014 Scholarships for high school and college undergraduate students interested in journalism, public relations or any media related profession.
Who is elegib le to apply for HAHMP Scholarships:
High school seniors, college undergraduates and first-year graduate students who are pursuing careers as print, photo, broadcast or online journalists or in public relations.
Students must plan to attend, full-time for the entire academic year, a community college or university that is within the United States or Puerto Rico. Applicants must reside in the Greater Houston Area
POSTMARK DEADLINE: Extended to March 14, 2014
2014 SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $3,500
Access the application online (click here for PDF)
Radio Disney in Houston, TX seeks an Account Executive to sell local advertising, sponsorships and events in the Houston market. Radio Disney is part of the Disney ABC TV Group.
Radio Disney is a 24-hour contemporary hits radio network and the only broadcast radio destination that serves both a kid and family audience. The network broadcasts through radio stations in 25 US markets and via RadioDisney.com, Sirius and XM satellite radio, iTunes Radio Tuner, mobile phones and on the Radio Disney iPhone app. Internationally, Radio Disney is also available throughout most of South Americas via separate terrestrial broadcast. Radio Disney is part of the Disney Channels Worldwide family.
- Prepare and execute a successful sales plan that meets and exceeds monthly, quarterly and annual revenue budgets
- Generate new business for the station through cold calling while upholding the Disney brand
- Responsible for providing vehicle transportation to attend sales meetings, client events, and any additional meetings as an outside sales representative for Radio Disney
- Present, negotiate and close sales promotions and sponsorship opportunities to new and/or existing Radio Disney clients
- Provide outstanding service to new and existing clients including helping to develop ideas for programs or promotional opportunities
- Communicate and manage all aspects of signed agreements with the promotions department, including but not limited to timelines, approvals and updates
- Recap all sales promotions for station clients
- Manage all client production needs
- Responsible for collections and agings of clients
- Represent Radio Disney in the highest regard within the community and business environment when involved in civic and professional organizations to further project the Radio Disney name and image
- Ability to create presentations for potential clients using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to present the proposals to potential clients effectively through both written and verbal communication
- Ability to address client/customer needs while following company procedures
- Ability to sell integrated on-air, online, and on-site programs to help further clients’ goals
- Ability to think creatively when developing promotions for client needs
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a sales or business development role
vMust be able to provide full work availability for this position, which may include work nights, weekends and holidays based on station calendar
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance
- Must have ability to drive/have reliable transportation to outside sales meetings/events
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a sales or business development role
- Experience selling advertising, sponsorships, promotional programs or fundraising
- Experience developing business in media – Radio, TV or other
- Experience generating clients through cold calling
- Experience developing a marketing/events strategy for clients and executing against that plan
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience
Job Posting Industries Television Radio
Additional Information – Job Location: Houston, TX
RADIO DISNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Primary Location-City Houston
Primary Location-State TX
Primary Location-Country US
Auto req ID 163493BR
Houston Association of Hispanic Media Professionals
Monday, March 7, 2011 at 1p.m. (board meets at 12:30pm)
United Way of Greater Houston
50 Waugh Dr. | Houston, TX 77007 | 713-685-2300
Just a friendly reminder that it’s time to renew your HAHMP membership for 2011! Regular membership is $35 and student membership is $15. To renew or become a new member visit www.hahmp.org.
Deadline for HAHMP scholarship is March 15, 2011. Please encourage high school and college undergraduate students who are interested in journalism, public relations or any media related profession to apply. For additional information, contact Frida Villalobos, Scholarship Chair.
SAVE THE DATE – HAHMP GALA
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Hyatt Regency – Downtown
- Details to follow -
Buy your tickets now!
Calling out to all HAHMP members – we need your support for our Gala auction. We are currently seeking big-ticket items for the silent auction. Any suggestions for potential auction donors would help in our scholarship fund raising effort. Please contact Beni Gutierriez or Luis Guerrero with questions or suggestions.
ADL Conference for Latin American and Hispanic Journalists & Parliamentarians
The local Anti-Defamation League would like to invite you to join experts of the ADL, US government representatives, journalists and political analysts for a conference on Middle East and Civil Rights issues in *Miami on April 10 – 13, 2011. The local chapter is allowed to nominate 2 or 3 people from the region. Those interested please contact Dena Marks at 713-627-3490, ext. 134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference topics to be discussed:
- Issues vis-a-vis Israel
- Civil Rights issues
- Other topics of interest
ADL is covering expenses for this conference.
Don’t forget to visit HAHMP’s website for recent job postings.
Monday, February 7, 2011 at 1p.m. (board meeting at 12:30pm)
United Way of Greater Houston
50 Waugh Dr. | Houston, TX 77007 | 713-685-2300
It’s time to renew your HAHMP membership for 2011!
Top three reasons to renew or become an HAHMP membershipâ€¦
- First and foremost, your membership dues goes toward the 10 scholarships awarded annually to aspiring journalists.
- You receive our monthly e-mail with a reminder of our meetings, upcoming events and job openings.
- Have the opportunity to attend workshops offered by HAHMP
Regular membership is $35 and Student membership is $15. To renew or become a new member visit www.hahmp.org
The 2011 HAHMP Gala committee needs your help! April 30th is just around the corner and we need your assistance in making this year’s Gala a memorable and spectacular one. For those interested in helping in any capacity for the 25th Anniversary of HAHMP’s Gala, please contact Art Rascon or April Arias.
Call for Volunteers for HAHMP Booth at Career Day
As we did last year, HAHMP will have a booth at the Houston Hispanic Forum’s Career and Education Day on Saturday, February 19 at the George R. Brown Convention Center. In order to participate we ask our membership to volunteer 3 hours of their time to help man the booth. Shifts are between 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 12:30 â€“ 3:30 p.m. Please contact Sybil Moncivais if you are able to participate and which shift you’d like to fill.
HAHMP Scholarships – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
HAHMP is now accepting applications for the 2011 Scholarships for high school and college undergraduate students interested in journalism, public relations or any media related profession. Deadline extended to March 15, 2011. For additional information, contact Frida Villalobos, Scholarship Chair, at email@example.com
Associate Producer Trainee
KTRK-TV is accepting applications for an Associate Producer Trainee. This is a one-year training position will begin in mid-June. The AP Trainee will gain valuable experience in writing, graphic development and other aspects of producing a television newscast. Candidates must be willing to work overnights and weekends. College degree preferred. Preference will be given to those with previous television news experience and those with a strong desire to pursue a career as a television newscast producer. There is no guarantee that the trainee will be promoted to a staff position at the end of the training program. Please Reference Job ID: 227171 on all materials submitted. In addition, please send writing samples to the attention of Robin Freese, Executive Producer, KTRK-TV, 3310 Bissonnet; Houston, TX 77005.
KTRK-TV has an immediate opening for a Show Host/Reporter/Producer for an innovative new programming project. Qualified candidates must be able to execute all aspects of the television story telling process from conception of compelling ideas to final presentation. Send non-returnable DVD or VHS resume tape to the attention of Human Resources, KTRK-TV, 3310 Bissonnet; Houston, TX 77005 and include the job reference ID. Please Reference Job ID: 277174 on all materials submitted.
KTRK-TV has an immediate opening for a Programming Department Photographer who can do it all – shoot, edit, produce. Responsibilities will include working on a variety of innovative station programming projects both long and short form. Qualified candidates must be detail-oriented with the creative knack for compelling storytelling through sound and pictures. Must have a valid driver’s license and be flexible to working any shift assigned. All interested candidates should send a video sample of your best work to be considered. Send non-returnable DVD or VHS resume tape to the attention of Human Resources, KTRK-TV, 3310 Bissonnet; Houston, TX 77005. Please Reference Job ID: 277175 on all materials submitted.
KTRK-TV has an immediate opening for a programming department producer. Responsibilities will include working on a variety of innovative programming projects both long and short form. Qualified candidates must be creative self starters who can generate compelling story ideas and execute all aspects of the television story telling process. Excellent writing skills a must and non-linear edit skills a plus. Send non-returnable DVD or VHS resume tape to the attention of Human Resources, KTRK-TV, 3310 Bissonnet; Houston, TX 77005. Please Reference Job ID: 277176 on all materials submitted.
* For consideration, all interested applicants for KTRK-TV must apply on-line at www.disneycareers.com by loading a resume file, cover letter and list of references. No phone calls please, and no third parties. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
The LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) is now accepting scholarships applications for the 2011/2012 academic year. Applications must be submitted to TLF by Monday, February 28, 2011 for consideration. Twenty Scholarships Will Be Awarded to Ethnic Minority Students Majoring in Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations. In addition, all students will receive a trip to New York City to celebrate TLF’s 13th Anniversary Scholarship Recognition Reception and Awards Program on May 23, 2011. Recipients will participate in a day-long career development workshop and have the opportunity to meet with industry professionals. To apply, students must be of African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American descent pursuing degrees in advertising, marketing and public relations at an accredited college or university. Undergraduate students must have at least a 2.75 GPA and graduate students must have at least a 3.2 GPA. Scholarship applications may be obtained through TLF’s website at www.lagrantfoundation.org or by calling Programs Manager Ericka Avila at 323.469.8680, ext. 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.