HAHMP Scholarship Chair Claudia Deschamps explains the process of applying for the 2014 HAHMP Scholarships on KPRC Local 2
Mariné Hernandez goes on Hola Houston on Fox 26 to talk about the HAHMP Scholarship take a look at the interview.
The Houston Association of Hispanic Media Professionals (HAHMP) is proud to inform you that we are now accepting applications for the 2014 Scholarships for high school and college undergraduate students interested in journalism, public relations or any media related profession.
Who is elegib le to apply for HAHMP Scholarships:
High school seniors, college undergraduates and first-year graduate students who are pursuing careers as print, photo, broadcast or online journalists or in public relations.
Students must plan to attend, full-time for the entire academic year, a community college or university that is within the United States or Puerto Rico. Applicants must reside in the Greater Houston Area
POSTMARK DEADLINE: Extended to March 14, 2014
2014 SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT: $3,500
Access the application online (click here for PDF)
Elections are closed. Winners will be announced at/after the meeting at the United Way on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 1pm.
The Houston Association of Hispanic Media Professionals (HAHMP) invites members to run for open Board positions. The current nominations are listed below. All positions are up for election this year.
A few reminders:
- Board service is for a two-year term.
- Board positions are open to current HAHMP members.
- President and Vice President candidates must be currently “working media.”
- You can nominate yourself or someone else via email (see links below); if you nominate someone else, we will need contact information so we can verify that they have agreed to run for the position.
- Al nomination emails should include:
- Current position and employer
- How long have you been a member of HAHMP?
Dates to know:
- Nominations are open until midnight (CST) on Thursday, October 17, 2013.
- Voting (online) will take place from noon on Friday, October 18, 2013 until midnight on Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
- Winners will be announced at/after the meeting at the United Way on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 1pm.
- Vice President
- April Arias
- Frank Morales
- Fabian Guetierrez
- Maria Corrales
- Claudia Deschamps
- Fidel Molina
- Houston on the Move Executive Producer
- Sybil Moncivais
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 6-9 p.m.
Tango & Malbec, 2800 Sage Rd. Ste. A-100
Join us for appetizers and learn about HAHMP.
Become a member: Regular $35; Students $15