Join us for HAHMP’s 1st meeting of 2018:
Friday, January 19, 2018
(Current board meets at 11:30AM)
We welcome all new members, current members, former members and those interested in learning more about HAHMP to join us as we discuss plans for 2018, open the floor for topics of interest to our community and announce the winners of board elections. All board positions are up for election this year.
Dates to know: (Nominations and voting deadlines have been extended)
• Nominations are now open until midnight (11:59pm, CST) on Friday, January 19, 2018.
• Voting (online) will take place from noon on Tuesday, January 21, 2018 until midnight on Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
• In person nominations and voting will also be accepted at the meeting at Univision on Friday, January 19, 2018, 12:30-1:30pm.
• Winners will be announced January 25, 2018.
For board nomination and election information: http://bit.ly/HAHMPboard
*Parking: When you arrive, let the security guard know you’re there for the HAHMP meeting. (If there is no security guard at the gate, push the intercom button.) Once granted access, enter the gate and drive to the left, park on the side closest to the highway to enter the front of the building. Once inside, sign in as a guest of HAHMP at the front desk and have a seat in the lobby area. Someone will be down to escort the entire group to the conference room.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION OF BOARD MEMBERS:
Have you ever thought about serving on a nonprofit board or have you discussed serving with one of our current board members? Do you know someone who would be great for a board position? The Houston Association of Hispanic Media Professionals (HAHMP)
invites members and interested parties to nominate candidates for open board positions.
• Board service is for a two-year term.
• You can nominate yourself or someone else via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; if you nominate someone else, we will need their contact information so we can verify that they have agreed to run for the position.
• All nomination e-mails should include:
• Current position and employer (or self employment)
• Board position(s) of interest
• How long have you (or the candidate) been associated with HAHMP?
• How long have you (or the candidate) been a member of HAHMP?
• Subject: “Board Member Nomination”