Category: Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Position/Title: Photojournalist (003208)
Primary Industry: Broadcasting – Radio – TV
Manage Others: No
KHOU-TV, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Houston, TX is seeking an energetic, highly skilled artistic morning photojournalist who is passionate about the craft and thrives on great storytelling on both social media and broadcast platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Capture and edit video & audio elements to produce compelling news stories on deadline using the latest editing and photography tools.
- Use social media experience for writing, posting, creating social videos and digital content on all social media platforms.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Maintain and operate news vehicle, ENG/SNG trucks to and from various locations.
Here’s what you need:
- College Degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of three years as a TV photojournalist and news editor.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to lift 40lbs and occasionally up to 80lbs of equipment with or without accommodation.
- Knowledge of Sony PMW-500 or similar camera and associated support equipment.
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots.
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills with an understanding of the tenets of professional journalism.
- Must be reliable, dependable and flexible with a willingness to work all shifts, days and overtime as needed.
- Strong computer and organizational skills in a mobile environment.
- Knowledge of ENPS, Sony XPRI, Adobe Premier CC, After Effects, Photoshop and Axis graphics
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events in a highly competitive news environment.
Please include a video link and cover letter with your online application.
KHOU-TV offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, EAP, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holiday, paid time off, and 401(k). No phone calls please. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/25/2017
Closing Date: 5/25/2017
City: Houston – 77019
Experience: 3 Year(s)
Requirements: About TEGNA:
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Contact Company: Houston,TX
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Contact Details: Human Resources