Category: Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Position/Title: Investigative Reporter (003094)
Primary Industry: Broadcasting – Radio – TV
Manage Others: No
KHOU 11 News, a TEGNA Media company in Houston, TX, is seeking great investigative storytellers to excel in this digital age of journalism. We want investigators with proven reputations as ethical, trusted journalists who can create unique, exciting and shareable content on all platforms. These journalists are skilled in using the latest tools and techniques to produce impactful investigations.
In this role, you will:
- Dig into complex and important issues.
- Enterprise investigative stories.
- Develop great sources and contacts.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner for multiple platforms.
- Social media skills and presence
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Present exciting live reports with current technology.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Job requirements include:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in computer assisted reporting
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines and multiple projects
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
KHOU 11 offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, EAP, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, holiday, paid time off, and 401(k). No phone calls please. Due to the volume received, we are unable to provide status updates on individual applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 4/18/2017
Closing Date: 5/18/2017
City: Houston – 77019
Experience: 2 Year(s)
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Cofactor. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Contact Company: Houston,TX
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Contact Details: Human Resources