Job Title: PROMOTIONS TECHNICIAN (Part-time)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor: Promotions Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute radio station promotional activities as directed.
• Safely operate vehicles, prizes, equipment, and other promotional tools.
• Execute creative On-Site Hoopla.
• Attend regular meetings associated with promotions activities.
• Maintain compliance with contests rules and regulations.
• Assist in the day-to-day department operations as needed.
• Participate in station remotes by greeting and interacting with listeners and clients in an enthusiastic and welcoming manner.
• Motivate audiences at remotes by involving them in games and creatively distributing promotional items.
• Drive company vehicles to remotes and events as necessary.
• Set up equipment and organize set up for remotes.
• Interact “live” with on-air talent as required.
• Provide direct support to Promotions Director, Sales Managers and General Manager; assist Sales staff and Programming department.
• Prepare good event recaps and reports as requested and follows-up with required documentation.
• Establish and maintain a good filing system.
• Conduct premium inventory checks on a weekly basis for all stations (vehicles, equipment and promotional items).
• Maintain full compliance on rules, regulations and contract agreements for contest and events (legal requirements).
• Oversee the upkeep and repair of station vehicles.
• Work closely and together as a team with other Promotion Coordinators and Technicians.
• Interact professionally with clients and staff. Shows enthusiastic and welcoming personality to everyone.
• Abide by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
• Remain calm and professional through stressful circumstances and adapts to different situations.
• Maintain a good driving record.
• Timely attendance at all times.
• Follows instructions as well as takes steps necessary to prevent mistakes and problems.
• Maintains confidentiality at all times.
• Performs others tasks as directed.
Minimum Qualifications For Consideration
• Requires good driving record.
• Ability to communicate orally in Spanish required; English speaking skills a plus; bilingual skills preferred.
• Availability to work throughout the week and weekends and rotating schedules as needed
• Able to interact with people all day long
• Professional appearance
• Moderate Microsoft Applications skills (Word, Excel) required
• Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
• Requires highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, primarily evenings and weekends, depending on station’s needs.
Experience and Education
• High school graduate or GED required.
• Previous work experience in events, Marketing, Promotions, Customer Service,
Sales and/or related field is a plus.
• Previous work, volunteer or educational experience in Broadcast, Entertainment, Arts, or Advertising a plus.
Interested candidates should forward resume to:
Promotions Technician URHOUP14-04
Attn: Nestor Enriquez/Client Services Director
5100 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77056
Fax: 713 965-2662
Univision Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.