DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND PARTNERSHIPS
1. The Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships shall hold at least a bachelor’s degree in education, public relations, public administration, communications, non-profit management, or a related field, from an approved institution.
2. The Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships should possess a thorough understanding of, and exhibit proficiency in, the strategic establishment, maintenance and expansion of community engagement initiatives and community/business partnerships. The Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships should also possesses a thorough understanding of and exhibit proficiency in event planning, non-profit foundation partnerships, marketing, public speaking, volunteer organization, and leadership skills.
3. The Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships shall have at least three (3) years of professional community engagement and/or strategic partnership experience.
The Board of Trustees shall appoint the Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships upon the recommendation of the Superintendent of Schools for a term of not more than one year, and the contract will be considered at the regular March meeting each year.
C. REPORTS TO:
The Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships shall be responsible to the Assistant Superintendent of Community and Governmental Relations for the performance of all duties.
The Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships shall oversee the following:
1. District community and stakeholder engagement activities
2. District business partnerships
3. District partnerships with non-profit educational foundations, including the Aldine Education Foundation
4. Planning for district special events
E. JOB PERFORMANCE STATEMENTS:
1. Instructional Management
a. Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of the district’s curriculum and instructional programs, and communicates those programs to community groups and partners.
b. Directs and assists building principals in developing strategic community engagement plans and partnerships with businesses and non-profit organizations.
c. Directs and assists district leadership in developing strategic community engagement plans and partnerships with businesses and non-profit organizations.
2. School Climate
a. Effectively engages community members and partners to support a positive school climate through volunteerism and donations of funds, goods and services.
b. Effectively organizes and executes district programs of recognition and celebration that strengthen employee morale and build public support for Aldine schools.
3. School Improvement
a. Focuses the community engagement and partnership operations of the district toward supporting the district’s mission and attainment of district stated goals and objectives.
b. Promotes and projects a positive image that supports the mission of the school district.
c. Develops (as necessary), maintains, and utilizes appropriate information systems and records necessary for attainment of the district’s mission and overall school improvement efforts.
4. Personnel Management
a. Conferences regularly with supervised staff; jointly develop growth plans and supports individual development activities.
b. Coordinates with Assistant Superintendent of Community and Governmental Relations to define job performance expectations of subordinate staff, evaluate job performance, conduct conferences, and develop training options and/or improvement plans to ensure the best operation of the department.
c. Demonstrates ability to work with others in a positive, productive way.
5. Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management
a. Stands accountable to the Assistant Superintendent of Community and Governmental Relations for the overall operation and production of the Community Engagement and Partnerships Office staff.
b. Preserves the confidentiality of data which has been given under conditions of trust and promise.
c. Implements the policies established by federal law, state board of education rule, and the local board policy in the area(s) supervised.
d. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility.
6. Student Management
a. Understands the student management system and expected student behavior related to operational aspects of the district (transportation, food services, classroom facilities, etc.).
b. Fosters and exemplifies a positive image before students.
7. School/Community Relations
a. Serves as the district’s liaison to the Aldine Education Foundation.
b. Maintains a complete file and record of all community engagement activities and partnerships.
c. Articulates to the general public (when called upon) the school district’s overall mission and goals and the ways in which the functions of the community engagement and partnerships office support these directives.
d. Understands the mission of the district and communicates that mission within the community.
e. Produce community engagement and partnerships written materials and web-based materials as needed.
f. Engages the community and partners online and through social media.
g. Assist the Assistant Superintendent for Community and Governmental Relations in setting annual goals for the office, submitting detailed annual plans for action to meet these goals, and assist the Assistant Superintendent in the overall implementation and evaluation of this plan on an ongoing basis.
8. Professional Growth and Development
a. Takes initiative to develop needed professional skills appropriate to job assignments.
b. Participates in professional development programs to improve job performance.
c. Actively participates in professional organizations; takes the initiative to provide leadership in addressing the challenges facing the profession.
d. Conducts oneself in a professional, ethical, and responsible manner.
a. Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
1. The job performance statements shall constitute the criteria for an evaluation form with an evaluation code as follows:
N/A Measure Not Being Taken.
1 No Measurable Progress.
2 Progressed Toward The Goal.
3 Met The Goal.
4 Exceeded The Goal.
5 Significantly Exceeded The Goal.
2. The evaluation form shall contain a place for comments and general observations made by the evaluating person. These comments shall constitute additional criteria for evaluation.
3. The Director of Community Engagement and Partnership’s evaluation is a responsibility resting with the Assistant Superintendent of Community and Governmental Relations. An evaluation shall be completed in writing at least once during the course of the school year.
4. The Assistant Superintendent of Community and Governmental Relations shall appraise the Director of Community Engagement and Partnerships at the time stipulated by the Superintendent of Schools.
5. Administrators will be appraised according to the following calendar:
Action Plan and Goal Setting Conference June – August
Data Collection and Analysis September – May
Contract Recommendation January
Summative Conference May/June
The salary of the Director of Public Information shall be based on the schedule adopted by the Board of Trustees for this position.